Benjamin was an absolute pleasure to host at my studio, but sessions aren’t always that easy. As soon as a client schedules a photo session with me, I send them a copy of my welcome guide that includes all of the details they need to make their session incredible.
It’s been awhile since I have shared my tips to a successful newborn session so here goes:
Here are my top 5 tips to making your Cincinnati Newborn session amazing:
- Book your session as soon as possible! Photos must be taken in the first 14 days of baby’s life. This allows me to capture those squishy, snuggly poses that you’ll cherish forever. Photos are scheduled based on your due date and have total flexibility based on when baby actually decides to arrive.
- A full belly makes babies happy! The first thing I’d love for you to do when you arrive is to relax and enjoy my beautiful studio. (It’s going to be warm to keep baby cozy, so be sure to dress in layers for your own comfort.) The second thing on your list… feed the baby. Take your time (I’ve planned for this!) and let me know if you need anything to make you more comfortable. Let me know when baby is full and we’ll get started.
- Don’t let poo scare you! Sounds silly, I know. But poo happens. It happens in those really cute outfits I’ve prepared for your little one and on my fuzzy blankets. I’m not afraid of it and I don’t want you to be either. Just relax and let me worry about those fun little surprises. I follow baby’s lead during all of my sessions and will stop for soothing, changing, feeding, whatever baby needs.
- If we’re taking sibling photos, let’s do those early! I love capturing new big brothers and sisters as they oooohh and ahhhh over the new baby in the house. If these are on your list of “must haves”, let me know and we’ll make sure to take these first. This ensures that we have everyone’s full attention and that the little ones haven’t grown impatient by the time we get to their big moment.
- If there’s something specific you want, let me know! Colors, props, outfits… if you see something in my portfolio that you absolutely love, tell me about it! Creating amazing photos that you’ll cherish forever is my passion. Tips on things you love will help me plan accordingly, so don’t be afraid to share.
Now for the rest of baby Benjamin’s preview!
How to book a Newborn session with Heather Elizabeth Studios.
Did you know we offer Milestone Packages as part of our list of services. A Milestone Package will include a Newborn Photography Session in our Newborn Studio, a Mini Session for 4 months of age, 8 months of age, and a Custom Cake Smash Session in our Cincinnati, Ohio studio. This package will include an 8×8 album of your baby’s first year for you to cherish and share for generations to come!
At Heather Elizabeth Studios it is our PASSION to document your child’s life. These years slip away so quickly, this makes capturing these moments so very important.